Gado Gado Salad with pickled kale and baked all sorts
A salad and many versions. This Indonesian mixture is a prime example of the fact that there are no limits to interpretation. On the contrary, we sometimes wander quite far away and leave only a ruin of origin, without recognition value or roots. The Gado Gado salad is one of these candidates with countless recipes and creations.
But how far can we leave the core and from when is an interpretation a misinterpretation? Well, fortunately, in many recipes we find really recurring main ingredients and alpha flavors. These are then the ones that reach the grade nine to ten on the sensory scale and are therefore indispensable. When these then form the roof of the temple, we sometimes have the opportunity to choose the material of the pillars themselves. Important here is-you have to hold.
All kale or what? Game of textures
Green cabbage is a really versatile vegetable, which I count more and more among my favorites in winter. So it tastes as a stew already sow-good, but is also not to be discarded in the baked form. With kale salad I have always struggled, the leaves in the raw state have a very strong, almost rather tough structure.
But not if you add them. Almost like the kimchi production, the leaves can be processed beforehand with a sugar-salt mixture to crush the solid structure. You should wash them off afterwards so as not to get the full flavour, but the result is really cool. Not only is the kale softer and more delicate in texture, but also that we get an incredibly bright, chlorophyll green. This product may serve as a pillar of my Gado Gado salad. If you now fuse crisp vegetables with the baked components, soft egg and tender fruit, the machinery of texture runs at full speed The rest is history …
Gado Gado salad with pickled kale and baked all sorts. Ingredients:
|Gado Gado salad for 4 people
|70 g Salt
|Baked all sorts:
|Egg (to breading)
|Flour (for breading)
|Panko flour (for breading)
|4 pieces small
|Green cabbage salad:
|Juice of 3 pieces
|1 strip of
Delicious Gado Gado salad with pickled kale and baked all sorts. Preparation:
1. Pluck the kale leaves and place in a large shape. Then sprinkle with the sugar-salt mixture and massage gently. After that you can tackle the next situation and repeat the process (depending on how much you need). Cover with a damp cloth and set aside for at least 20 min.
2. When dressing, mix the peanut paste with the travel vinegar, honey, mustard, hot water and salt, then pull it up with the peanut oil to a thick dressing.
3. Then place a pot of hot oil for frying. The fat should reach a temperature of 180 degrees. Meanwhile, cook the eggs for five minutes so that they are still soft, deter them and peel them. In addition, cut the potato into thin slices, pull long strips of the purple carrots with a peeler and dice the tofu.
4. Build a breadway of flour, egg and panko flour, bread the soft-boiled eggs and the tofu. Then bake them in the fat so that they are golden brown. Then bake the potato slices, potato peels and part of the purple carrot strips into crispy chips. Place the baked ingredients on a kitchen towel, season with salt, sesame and garam masala and place them in the oven at 40 degrees to keep them warm.
5. Now take the kale, wash it off and marinate it with peanut oil, lime juice, salt and sugar. Now you peel a mango and roll it. This gives a great, fruity contrast.
6. To prepare, take a deep plate and place a large spoon of the peanut dressing on the floor. Then put the sugar pods, the other part of the purple carrot, the kale and the diced mango. Cut the egg in half and add it. In between, the baked components are distributed. Finally, add some crab bread and spiced rice crackers over it.