Mega delicious curd cheese baozi
Back to start…
Often the way is the goal and if it is only a turn-off, it brings us to new ideas or insights and again a piece of the puzzle closer to the whole.
Don’t get me wrong. You have to fix a point to get the stone rolling, but the outcome or the goal is usually completely uncertain.
Still, at least something is moving!
Häää? “Daniel please come to the point!”
OK, OK, to put it another way. Slowly the content on my blog is rising and I get really cool messages from you. Among other things, a dessert wish was expressed. Mochis.
I have dealt with the subject and done a lot of research. Unfortunately, the spark hasn’t jumped over yet and I’m not the guy who ventures into a dessert with dangerous half-knowledge that I don`t have. Nevertheless, I came across the idea for this recipe via detours.
Baozi are steamed Chinese yeast dumplings that come quite close to the local germ dumplings. If they are rather hearty filled in Far East, you will still find a sweet counterpart here and there. So I set out and thought about how I could turn this dish into a dessert.
whoever searches will find..
I was lucky. A few days later, while browsing a brochure bored, I discovered the “price-knuckle”, apricot dumplings with real apricots for a Euro ninety-ninety-nine. The first thing I asked myself was “what are false apricots?” The next thought was then, the sudden fork from my path to a new destination.
So I basically succumb to the taste of passion fruit in dessert and find a vanilla or nutty component quite “buddylike” for this fruit. If the yeasty baozi dough gets a new “makeover” with pots and rice and off goes the wild ride.
Thank God that in the basement of my parents’ house is the Fort Knox for boiled fruit and fruits. So I was lucky enough to get out of my way and quickly decided on the variety. Sure: Apricot-passion fruit.
“The route will be recalculated.”
This is exactly what happens when you drive around a traffic jam or dodge an obstacle. In the end, it is important that the direction is right and that we arrive at the right time. Whether one achieves the goal is, as so often, in the sense of the viewer.
Mega delicious curd cheese baozi with passion fruit and apricot, pumpkin seed espuma. Ingredients:
|Pot-Baozi for 4 people|
|For the dough:|
|200 g||Wheat flour|
|150 g||Rice flour|
|1 piece||1 Egg|
|180 g||curd cheese|
|50 g||liquid butter|
|4 g||Dry yeast|
|For the filling:|
|200 ml||Marmalade (best apricot passion fruit)|
|For the pumpkin seed espuma:|
|40 ml||Pumpkin seed oil|
|For the coating:|
|5 tbsp.||Panko flour|
|5 tbsp.||Coconut flakes|
|50 g||liquid butter|
|2 pieces||passion fruit|
|4 tbsp.||Pistachios (chopped)|
Mega delicious curd cheese baozi with passion fruit and apricot, pumpkin seed espuma. Guide:
1. For the baozi dough, mix the rice flour with the wheat flour and the dry yeast in a bowl. Then add the curd cheese, soft butter, sugar, vanilla sugar and egg. Knead everything into a dough. If the dough doesn’t become elastic enough, you have to add some wheat flour. Let the dough go for at least an hour.
2. In the meantime, take the panko flour, coconut flakes and sesame and spread everything on a baking sheet. This is placed in the oven, preheated to 180 degrees. When the coating turns golden brown, take out the sheet metal and let it cool.
3. For the pumpkin seed espuma, mix the cream with the starch and sugar. Put everything in a saucepan and let it boil once so that the cream is bound. Then add the pumpkin seed oil with the whisk, stirring constantly. You can also use a mix stick for this. When the emulsion is ready, fill it in a siphon bottle, add two cartridges and place them in a warm place. (a siphon bottle should be a must for any hobby chef)
4. Then take the dough and turn off small balls. Press them flat on a floured surface and then take them back into your hand. Form a small hollow, fill a teaspoon of the jam and close it carefully. Now lay the raw baozi, with the closed side down, on a sheet and let it rest for another five minutes.
5. Place a pot of water and place a bamboo basket on top for steaming. When the water is boiling, place the baozi in the basket with enough distance and put the lid on it. After about five minutes, the baozi should rise and even be.
6. Now take a pot and heat a piece of butter in it. Turn the finished dumplings first in the butter and then in the panko, coconut, sesame mixture.
7. Now spray the warm espuma into a deep plate, place the hot dumplings on it and sprinkle them with plenty of icing sugar. You spread the inside of a passion fruit around it and sprinkle a few pistachio kernels.
The Baozi taste best when they are still hot.